The Llama Report 2

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The summer

Wow, I am surprised that anyone checks this anymore since I am such a slacker about writing. Anyway, life is nice when you have a six week break, although it is already starting to loom in front of me....

People are finally moving in across the street, and the constuction supervisor hooked us up with who six of the neighbors are and is coming back to tell us the others that will be right across the street. We have some military, a firefighter, a corrections officer, among others. We BBQ out front to see what the haps is in the neighborhood.

I also got a new pair of rollerblades and am trying to teach Myia how to pull me on them, however we trained her too well and all she wants to do is to run alongside me, sometimes bumping into me.

I am also learning how to bass fish. Man, they have so many different rods and reels. I am practicing in the backyard so I don't backwash into my reel. Speaking of the backyard... our garden is going nuts. Our many tomato plants are so big and heavy that they don't want to stay on the ropes or the metal cages that we put around them. Our first watermelon is the size of a baseball, and our pickling cucumbers are starting to come in. Our crooknose squash has yielded at least four so far and is a huge bush. Our corn is up past my waist, and our lemon is patiently waiting for its season. We have so many flowers everywhere on our vines and plants.

I am going to put in a picture of the new car so that all can see it, and the smoke here was so bad, that the Clear Lake picture that I am including is hazy from the smoke. Anyway, will try to be more consistent. Isn't that what we all say?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger mik said…

    Wow, have been checking and checking; now there are real words different from last time! How about posting a pic of your garden? Got construction pics of the new houses? More, more, more... Also a pic of you and your honey would be nice! Say Hi to all for us! Dad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home