The Llama Report 2

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Live, and let Live policy

With the advent of this smaller house, all of our animals make for an interesting time. When the cats first got here, I kept them trapped in one room while the dog was in, then I would trap the pup in her kennel and let the cats run the house. Well, two days ago I instituted the live and let live policy where the dog is always out, and the cats are not locked up. One of the cats chose to spend the day in one of the closets where the dog couldn't get her, and the other cat spent the day sleeping under the blankets on our bed and then complaining to the dog when she got too close to him. It is pretty fun to watch. I am hoping that eventually they will all get along, but the truth about most dogs and cats is that it doesn't usually happen. I am sure that I will have more stories later.

An addendum to the profanity comment on BHR: You don't want to hear all the racial profanity that the younger generation says to each other, it isn't very nice and incredibly degrading, although they don't think of it like that.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger mik said…

    We had dog/cat mix growing up. They got along fine except when they didn't! The cat would wack the dog with no claws if he was annoying her and if he kept at it, would get him with the claws. Other times, the cat would walk around him and do the cat rubbing on your legs trick. If he didn't want to do that, he'd knock her over with his nose.
    He was always on a chain in the back yard when he was out there (huge escape artist). the neighborhood cats all would wonder the brick wall which was just out of his reach mostly. drove him crazy. one of the times when we moved the stake holding the chain, by mistake we got it too close to the wall. BIG BIG surprise for the next cat cause he jumped up on the wall and sat there like humpty-dumpty...could of sworn he was laughing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home